Wednesday 16 August 2017

Lovely Lavinia

I've really enjoyed having a massively creative couple of days, knitting, felting, painting, drawing and paper crafting being some of the crafts I've been enjoying. Wandering around the internet I came across some of the fantastic work of fellow crafters, and was inspired to have a go at the Lavinia challenge this month. The theme this month is blue and orange hues so here are my attempts. 


I've used Distress Oxides to make the backgrounds with oxide stamping on the background then the lovely Lavinia stamps for the stamping. Quite pleased with the cards but so aware of how much paper crafting has moved on. Blown away with some of the new products and thinking I need to try brushos.  
What do you think? Do I need them??
I've resisted buying more and more stash, having a craft room full of products which have hardly been used and guilt dictates that I use these first but soooooo love all these new ideas. 
Oh well! Back to it, but may have to see how many pennies I have in my piggy bank!
I've also been visiting a very old friend in blog land, a blog we set up many moons ago Tuesday Taggers and I've even entered my card in their challenge. Lovely to see it still up running and going strong!
Hope your all having a lovely week
X Michelle

12 comments:

chrissie said...

Two amazing cards and really wonderful to have you join in at Try it on Tuesday. Hope we are still doing a good job

Thank you for your support and hope to see you again soon

Love Chrissie

Kathryn said...

Hey xx beautiful cards. Brushos are Ab Fab try some xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Hun, these are gorgeous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

froebelsternchen said...

These are so beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday !

lyn clark said...

Really stunning love the colours and the stamps.it would make stunning Wall art . ��

Ildiko said...

They are gorgeous xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful cards Michelle. Loving the colours. You've still got it my love xxx

craftimamma said...

Gez said exactly what I was going to say Michelle. You definitely have all your talent intact. These cards are wonderful. Big hugs Xx

G Peplow said...

Beautiful cards Michelle, welcome back :D xx

PatR said...

Beautiful cards Michelle. Remember our Tuesday Taggers days fondly.Great to see you back. I have been neglecting my blog. xx

Meggymay said...

Its lovely to see you are still creating beautiful cards Michelle.
Yes, we are still here and going strong at TioT's.
Thank you for joining us this time, I hope you like how we have progressed and embraced many styles of crafting over the years.
Yvonne xx

Virginia said...

I've still not got myself some distress oxides but have seen some beautiful work with them, yours being one!